Thursday, February 16, 2012

28 Day Diet | Day 24

Warning:  If you are eating your automated breakfast of Grapefruit and Greek Yogurt please refrain from reading this post until after you are done.

With that being said, ladies....have you ever looked at your poop?  I'm not trying to get too personal but our loyal companion in health Dr. Oz says it can tell us alot about our general health.  Yeah, I know I'm a flush and go kinda girl but I'll admit this one had me intrigued.  If any of you are like me however you might have to wait until that special moment when you have to go in order to check this one off of your list.  My irregularity is a common regularity with me if you know what I mean.  Okay now that you know all about my troubles let's take a look at what YOU should be looking for when examining your, er Poo.

The size and color of your stool can let you know if you need to make changes in your diet.  For example a lack of fiber could be the reason for small, hard stools or days in between going to the um, toilet.  Is anyone else feeling uncomfortable with this conversation?  Now let's talk color.  Dr. Oz suggest that if your stool resembles any of the colors below you need to have a one on one with your physician.

RED - Bleeding in the lower gastrointestinal tract or diverticulosis
GREEN - Crohn's disease
CREAM - Gallbladder dysfunction 
WHITE  - Pancreatic cancer
BLACK - Bleeding in the upper gastrointestinal tract

Trust me I'm not trying to scare the ish out of you but just think if you find these signs early enough you can get the issue corrected for an opportunity of better health.


PS.  No graphics today I couldn't quite think of the best image to put, a toilet would have been weird and no one wants to see a pic of a pile of poop.  IJS

PSS.  Confession time, I grazed last night.  That is all

Hope you are still enjoying our 28 day journey together.  If you had to make a pit stop or fell off the wagon it's cool, just jump back in I'd love nothing better to help you get back on track.

With Style,



StyleDIVA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin