Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The 28 Day Diet | Day 3

Dr. Oz suggests cooking 4 of the following food groups today.  Yeah he doesn’t know me very well, first I don’t do much cooking and second two of the groups he’s suggesting are on my, "I haven’t even eaten in my life list."  Be it as it may here are his suggestions:

      1.        Wild Salmon – YUCK! (with my best 3 year old YUCK face) I know this stuff is good for you but I’ve never been able to stomach it.  Omega 3’s reduce clotting and provide for less plaque buildup in the arteries.  Luckily I don’t have this as an issue, I’m eating a pork chop tonight.

      2.       Tomatoes – Okay I’m good with this one for two reasons, 1) you don’t have to cook them you can just pop them in your mouth and 2) I like snacking on cherry tomatoes during the day so this one is a go for me.  According to Oz people with hypertension can see their systolic points drop by 10 and their diastolic a 14 point drop by including these in your diet. 

3.       Garlic – another WIN!  One of my favorite seasonings, I use it so much I’m sure many people don’t want to stand near me after I’ve had a meal.  This one is also a good heart booster and protects you from hardening of the arteries.

4.       Lima Beans – again this is not on my list of favs so I’m going to pass.  These beans also have heart boosting potential with magnesium however I'm sure if you sleep with someone they won't be happy you had them for dinner.  Oy do I remember those nights when!

There you have it, that’s all you need to do today is implement these into your diet on day 3 and learn how to integrate them more for HEART SMART eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin