Thursday, September 19, 2013

Good Life | Get Yo Man Chicken

I am having the time of my life learning to cook the Neely Down Home way.  I received their cookbook as a Christmas present one year and never cracked it up until recently.  Every thing I've made has been delish!  So when I saw the recipe for Get Yo Man Chicken I had to try it...at least once to see if it worked.  Problem is the only  man I live with is my 14 year old son and his palate isn't that adventurous but he actually like it!  So here's the recipe and let Erika and I know if Yo Man loves it!

Ingredients

8 bone in chicken thighs, skins removed (hint I left mine on :)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup Chicken Stock
One 14.5 ounce an crushed tomatoes in thick puree
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
Hot buttered rice, for serving (optional)

Preparation

Rinse the chicken, pat dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large skilled over medium-high heat.  Brown the chicken, meat-side down first and turn once.  Cooking about 4 minutes on each side.  Transfer to a plate and reserve.
Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.  Add the onion and celery to skillet and sauté until tender.  About 4 minutes.  Add the stock and white wine to the pan, stir and scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pan; reduce by half; cooking 7 to 8 minutes.  Stir in the tomatoes, honey, vinegar, parsley, thyme and rosemary to return to a simmer.  Add the chicken turning to coat, then cover and cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is very tender and pulls easily from the bone, about 40 minutes.  Remove the cover, increase the heat to medium, cook for another 10 to 15 minutes to reduce the sauce.  Serve over hot buttered rice, with sauce ladled on top.  Serves 4 to 6

That's a picture of how mine turned out.  I did not add onions and celery because my son HATES onions and I ran out of celery but it was still delicious.  I also used drumsticks - hey it was what I had.  Give it a try and Get Yo Man or KEEP him! 

With Style,








No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin