Friday, April 26, 2013

You Are So Beautiful To Me...Can't You See

You ARE beautiful, just the way you are and that is exactly the point Dove successfully drives home in their new ad Dove Real Beauty Sketches.  I would have to say that this is one of the most original and touching experiments to come from the company's Campaign for Real Beauty.  In this video Dove mission is to empower women to appreciate their inherent beauty, while driving home the point too that sometimes we judge ourselves too harshly.  It's sad that we as women (me included) are oftentimes too critical of ourselves; instead on focusing on things that we LOVE about ourselves and our bodies, we focus on those things that we don't like and want to improve.

In this social experiment, Dove explores how women view their own beauty in contrast to what others see.  It's quite eye opening.

So take a look at the video and then let us know what you think.  And while you do that, I'm going to stand in the mirror and celebrate all the little things I LOVE about myself instead of focusing on the things that I don't.  Feel free to do the same after you've watched the video.  I promise you, you'll be glad you did!


1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin