Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The L.O.V.E. Campaign

There's a lot of me to LOVE and recently I was asked to participate in a campaign to help women, especially young girls with body image.  Positive body image that is.  The L.O.V.E. Campaign was created by Jennifer Davis CEO of the P.I.N.K. Foundation.  Jennifer was on our show last year with her good friend G. K. Bowes.  The P.I.N.K. Foundation was established as a desire to create a loving sisterhood with women due to failed friendships Jennifer had experienced in the past.  Its' goal is to create a sisterhood where women are empowered, uplifted and inspired to be their greatest.

Remember DRIVEN is the word for 2013.  So in steps an opportunity to put up or shut up.  You see the campaign required all the models to pose artistically nude.  Yep I said it!  I'll admit loving all my nooks and crannies as Rajdulari says is no big deal but loving all my nooks and crannies in front of a camera and about 13 other women BIG DEAL!

When I arrived (late mind you due to snow) I was treated to the ultimate in pampering.  Hair, make up and lots of support gave me the encouragement I needed to shed my robe and VOGUE!  No the pictures won't be featured on here but you can visit P.I.N.K Foundation to see the pic's from the unveiling on 1/27/13.   I am however sharing with you this awesome picture of myself, Jennifer and her daughter Jocelyn.  You see this to me is all what it's all about, not posing in all my glory for vainness but to let girls know it's okay to love the way you look even if it's not a size 2, 4 or heck 10.  But even at a size 18 you can enjoy your THICKNESS and LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH.

I'm healthy; I'm HAUTE and have the curves to prove it. I'm loving life even more since turning 40 (something about 40 will do that for you) and am enjoying the space I'm in. One number I can't reveal however is my weight...truthfully I don't know it since I don't keep a scale at home......


That is a piece from my intro BIO for the shoot.  Be sure to check out P.I.N.K. Foundation's website for more shots from the shoot and the final unveil of the photo.

PS.  Many of you have asked where I got the Thickness Tee I have on in this picture.  You can visit www.thicknesstees.net to purchase one!

With Style,


Robin
StyleDIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin