Thursday, June 30, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Brett deMarrias also stopped by and shared a virtual cocktail with us this AM as he talked about his innovative company wedit. Wedit offers it's clients an easy and fun alternative way to capture their wedding/event on video without paying those costly fees of hiring a professional videographer. The process is quite simple, when you hire wedit they will provide you with 5 HD Flip video cameras; you pass the cameras out to your guest who then capture the special moments of your day; you send the camers back to wedit where they will edit and provide you with a beautiful wedding DVD. Not getting married you say. Don't worry because you can use wedit for any event you are planning. Now how cool is that. And just for our listeners/readers wedit is offering $100 off any package, simply enter the word "cocktails" at the time of checkout to receive this discount. This is for a limited time so hurry up and head over to wedit to select the package that best suits your needs. This offer is valid until July 25, 2011.
Last but certainly not least we got to chat about one of my favorite things...desserts! Sweet Justice is a "cakery" that specializes in traditional and gourmet cakes and cupcakes made of the freshest ingredients and in fun and exciting combinations. Their cupcakes are custom ordered and baked in small batches to preserve their quality and improve your cupcake experience. La’Keitha Daniels is the woman behind this delicious business who actually started her professional career as a lawyer who practiced law for years before deciding to trade in legal briefs for butter cream. Their motto is “Justice is best served when topped with icing!” And I couldn’t agree with her more. I think I am going to have to place my order for the peanut butter and jelly cupcake along with a few other yummy flavors this week.
We would live to raise our cocktail glass and give a diva thanks to all of our wonderful guests for stopping by the show today!
Missed the show? Don't worry the divas got you covered...make yourself a Pink Bikini or cocktail of your choice and listen here!
|Pink Bikini from Coastal Living|
To make this delicious drink you will need:
1 bottle of raspberry lemonade (the Divas recommend Simply Lemonade)1 3/4 cups coconut rum
1 cup amaretto liqueur
Combine the raspberry lemonade, amaretto liquer and coconut rum into a large pticher. Stir well and serve over ice.
Friday, June 24, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Antoinette works for a large nonprofit agency in Chicago and is the proud mother of a 4 year old. As a working mother, Antoinette is also passionate on living on less and is committed to helping others (like the Divas) do the same. We had an opportunity to sit with Sister Save-A-Lot as she shared with us her secrets for saving at the grocery store checkout.
Here are a few of the tips she shared with us today:
- Know your store's coupon policy before taking your shopping trip. You can check out the store's website or visit their customer service area.
- Collect your coupons. You can get them from your Saturday/Sunday paper, websites (i.e. www.coupons.com) or from coupon clipping websites.
- Create a system for organizing your coupons - binder or file cabinet or file box.
- Build your stock pile by buying items that are on sale and that you have a coupon for. If laundry detergent is on sale now and you have a coupon for it, then get it now. Even if you don't need it now. Rest easy in knowing that you WILL need it at some point and just think, you got it on the cheap.
- Always have your sales paper and coupons available and organized (you'll) thank Sister Save-A-Lot for this one when it comes time to make your grocery list and shopping.
- Check out the coupon databases like www.coupontom.com to see if there are coupons for items that you would like to buy.
If you missed the show, don't worry you can check it out here:
Thanks Sister Save-A-Lot for all of the great couponing tips! We can't wait to put them to practice!
Way to go Robin!
To make this refreshing drink you will need:
- 2 oz. gin
- 4 oz. grapefruit juice
- salt for rimming
- lemon or lime wedge for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a salt rimmed Collins Glass filled with a few ice cubes.
- Stir well and garnish with a lemon or lime wedge
If you have a drink that you would like to share with the Divas, please send email them to email@example.com.